Who We Are
Our School is a thriving and vibrant community of 1250 students and 150 staff. Over 300 of our students are in the Sixth Form. We achieve well in public examinations and also when value added measures are used.
The School has a rich cultural life, with regular Art Exhibitions, Concerts and Productions.
You can catch a flavour of our priorities our School ethos and Mission statements are below.
• Where inquiry is prized and where truth is sought
• Where people are valued and achievement is celebrated
• Where teachers are proud of their profession and where students discover that learning is valuable for itself.
• Where there are many activities and where there IS space for quiet reflection.
• Where there is respect for order yet a desire to question and be creative.
All members of the school community are expected to behave with courtesy, consideration and respect for one another at all times.
All members of the school community should respect the school and local environment.
All members of the school community should move about the school in a safe and orderly manner.
All members of the school community should be punctual for registration, lessons and other commitments.
All members of the school community should be prepared and equipped for the day ahead.
All students should wear the correct school uniform at all times.
All students should record, complete and hand their homework in on time so that teaching staff can mark and return it punctually.
"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires."