Photography is part of the Expressive Arts faculty
- Ms C Curling - Head of Expressive Arts
- Mr N Tulsidas - Teacher of Photography
Our Photography AS/A-Level course will allow you to build up your technical skills as well as gaining an artistic understanding of Photography. The skills developed in the AS course will be used to create more personal creative work in the A’ level course. You will learn about the work of other artists and photographers and explore new digital technologies.
Please see below the detailed Programmes of Study for A Level Art:
The AS level consists of one unit of study which is externally assessed and internally assess course work:
- Unit 1 – Course work based on three projects with wide ranging themes.
- Unit 2 (100% of marks) – A themed exam question set by the exam board.
We use the OCR exam syllabus – for more information visit www.ocr.org.uk
The Art Department currently consists of a variety of staff with specialist skills in Fine Art, Ceramics, Photography and Printmaking. The suite of five rooms has a purpose built darkroom and kiln area and a special studio space for sixth form students.
A Level Photography
On completing the AS course you may wish to continue on to A Level involving the completion of a further two units:
- Unit 3 - Course work based on a personal investigation into a theme of your choice, this unit also includes a piece of critical & historical research.
- Unit 4 - A Themed exam question set by the exam board.
Enrichment Activities:. You will also be expected to visit galleries to study photographers work at first hand. In the past we have visited Paris and Barcelona.