Our plans for 2018 - 2019
Below is a summary of our plans for 2018 - 2019 from our current year's School Development Plan categorised under the headings of our 5 strategic aims which guide us in the way we deploy our resources and order our priorities at Bishop Ramsey.
To ensure that Every Learner is an Empowered Learner and Every Lesson is an Outstanding Lesson
- Continuing to focus on Outstanding teaching and learning (embracing opportunities to learn and develop)
- Focussing on closing the gap, Boys, Pupil Premium, SEND, High Ability and any Faculty specific priorities
- Using technology, including Bring Your Own Device, and considering electronic assessment methods
- Continuing to work on recruiting and retaining outstanding staff.
To ensure that Every Day at School is a Rich Experience and that Every Relationship is a Positive Encounter
- Continuing and renewing our focus on the wellbeing of students and staff
- Continuing to develop the Chaplaincy and the Virtue Project and reinforcing the Christian ethos of the school
- Ensuring that students have a full and broad experience for example through Inter-House events and different learning experiences.
To build a (school) community that looks outwards and beyond
- Expanding opportunities to reach out to and support our local and global community
- Ensuring that Bishop Ramsey has a high profile locally and nationally.
To strengthen our Sixth Form
- Developing learning skills and attitudes in the Sixth Form
- Reviewing the courses we offer in the Sixth Form, including the admissions criteria
- Using the new Sixth Form/Adult Learning space and continuing to focus on increasing the numbers of students in the Sixth Form.
To operate as a school that lives within its means
- Considering how money could be saved and ensuring that all spending offers value for money.