Our plans for 2018 - 2019
Below is a summary of our plans for 2018 - 2019 from our current year's School Development Plan categorised under the headings of our 5 strategic aims which guide us in the way we deploy our resources and order our priorities at Bishop Ramsey.
Every Learner an Empowered Learner & Every Lesson an Outstanding Lesson
- To continue focusing on Outstanding teaching and learning (Embrace opportunities to learn and develop).
- To focus on closing the gap. Boys, Pupil Premium, SEND, High Ability and any Faculty specific priorities.
- Use of technology, BYOD and planning continued roll-out for next year. Consideration of electronic assessment methods.
- To continue to work on recruiting and retaining outstanding staff.
Every Day at School a Rich Experience & Every Relationship a Positive Encounter
- Continued and renewed focus on the wellbeing of students and staff.
- Continue developing the Chaplaincy, the Virtue Project and reinforce the Christian ethos of the school.
- Ensure students have a full and broad experience (eg. extra-curricular, inter-house events, different learning experiences).
A Community that looks Outwards and Beyond
- Expand opportunities to reach out to and support our local and global community.
- Ensure that Bishop Ramsey has a high profile locally and nationally.
6th Form Focus
- Develop 6th Form learning skills and attitudes.
- Review course offer, including admissions criteria.
- Use the new 6th Form/Adult Learning space and continued focus on increasing numbers.
A School that lives within its means
- Consider how money could be saved and ensure that all spending offers value for money.