Expectations and Monitoring
- All members of the school community are expected to behave with courtesy, consideration and respect for one another at all times.
- All members of the school community should respect the School and local environment.
- All members of the school community should move about the School in a safe and orderly manner.
- All members of the school community should be punctual for registration, lessons and other commitments.
- All members of the school community should be prepared and equipped for the day ahead.
- All students should wear the correct Sixth Form dress at all times in school.
- All students should record, complete and hand their homework in on time so that the teaching staff can mark and return it punctually.
- The classroom rules that are published in each classroom apply equally to Sixth Form students.
- There is a Sixth Form Behaviour Policy which all students must sign to show their willingness to adhere to the standards expected.
- Please see 'Fit To Learn' Policy below to support students with attendance issues.
Staged Monitoring Programme – Sixth Form
The subject teacher has a concern regarding poor or missing homework, work completion or underachievement etc OR the form tutor is concerned about attendance, punctuality, uniform.
The subject teacher or form tutor should :-
Set targets with the student to be monitored over a period of 2 to 3 weeks. The targets be supportive in getting the student back on track.
E-mail or phone parent, copy in Head of Subject, relevant Year Director and Mrs Morrison
After the monitoring period teachers should review targets with the student - e-mail or phone parent, copy in relevant Head of Year and Mrs Morrison to say whether the targets have been achieved.
Students who have not met their targets will be moved to Stage 2 – this is monitored by the Head of Subject or Year Director as relevant. Again targets are set with the student related to the issue which is of concern over a 2-3 week period. HOD/HOY will contact home to inform parents, copying in relevant Head of Year and Mrs Morrison. -
Targets are reviewed with the student, e-mail or phone parent, copying in relevant Head of Year and Mrs Morrison to say whether the targets have been achieved.
Year Director meets with student and parents/carers, issues are reviewed
Expectations contract signed by all parties
Contract monitored by Year Director over a period of 2 weeks
Consequence of failure to meet targets made clear to all parties.
Targets reviewed and parents informed.
Meeting between Head of 6th Form, student and parents/carers – final targets set over 2 weeks period.
Careers interview arranged to consider alternative educational provision should targets not be met.